Here’s how our program works. It includes:
- An initial intake interview
- Medical examination and laboratory tests
- Supervised urine testing
- A signed treatment contract and treatment plan
- Addiction counseling
- Regular medical follow up
- Daily methadone dose
If you have been opiate involved for approximately one year or longer or have tried other substance abuse treatment programs, it’s likely that you qualify for maintenance treatment with HAART Oakland. We also offer courtesy dosing for patients who must travel; speak with your care provider for more information.
HAART Oakland’s Intake Process
During the intake process, you’ll meet with an Intake Coordinator. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, and HAART can learn more about your situation to ensure we can be helpful. Intake is open on:
- Mondays from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tuesdays from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Thursdays from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Fridays from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Intakes are conducted on a first-come, first-serve basis. HAART is able to admit up to three patients into treatment each day. Be sure to have a valid photo ID and insurance card (if applicable) when you arrive for an intake. Without a valid photo ID, you cannot be admitted for treatment at HAART.
If you are covered by Kaiser, Kaiser recommends that you contact their Chemical Dependency Recovery Program (CDRP) for a referral prior to your intake at HAART. You may be responsible for the costs of treatment at HAART prior to your referral from CDRP. If you have obtained a referral from CDRP, be sure to bring a copy with you.
For questions about intakes, please call the Intake Coordinator at 510-875-2300, Ext. 246, or email questions to email@example.com.
During the intake process, you will:
- Fill out our Initial Application and Medical History forms
- Submit a urine specimen
- The State requires that a simple RPR blood test be performed prior to receiving any medication; HAART will coordinate and pay for this service
- If you’re currently in treatment with another clinic and wish to transfer, we will let you know how to get the required documentation
- When these program requirements are fulfilled, you can see the program physician and begin treatment
Fees & Services/Payment Methods and Insurance
We accept MediCal, Mastercard/Visa, ATM, or cashier’s check. The fee is $380 per month or $15 daily. This includes methadone, a medical exam by a physician, labs, professional counseling, monthly UA testing and possible take-home medications.
HAART accepts Kaiser and other insurance. Be sure to check with your insurance carrier to see if you are covered for Methadone Maintenance Treatment.
HAART has implemented a sliding fee scale. In an effort to make treatment available to everyone who seeks help and to better serve our clients and our community, we have redueced fees for low-income clients, making life-saving treatment available to more people with opiate dependence. Contact our Intake Coordinator or more information.
Are you or is someone you care about in the Oakland, California area living with a heroin addiction, or addiction to pain medications? There is hope and help at HAART Oakland. Call today to make the first steps toward health and a better life.